Monday, March 23, 2009

Feel like dancing

Dancing is good excersise - Fact - and having been out all weekend for better or for worse I've had my fair share of it. Now, enough about me... There's a lot of good electronic music being made at the moment, which might mostly be down to me being a fan of french touch house and anything with distortion, heavy bass and/or tons of synth. In any case, I like it.

So here are three videos with some of the latest and greatest for you to bust a move to on the dancefloor or simply pull a muscle to in your bedroom. Whatever tickles your fancy.

Simian Mobile Disco - 10,000 Horses Can't Be Wrong



Simian Mobile Disco's debut album was jam packed with great songs and the signs are that the next will equally great. However, while the last one was more soft-ish house-ish (eg. Believe) this next one sounds more like Berlin minimal (I guess the signs were there with Sleep Deprivation). An odd, yet awesome move, seeing as the rest of the electronic scene seems to be favoring french touch house at the moment. In any case I'm loving this song. Also check out Synthesise while you're at it, which has an almost identical video (lazy buggers) and features a Todd Rundgren sample (awesome). Born to synthesise since 1975.

Calvin Harris - I'm Not Alone



Now I'm not a huge fan of this song, but I've put it up mostly because it's as obvious a dancefloor smash hit as any. You just know that kids all over the place will be dancing away to this one. And why not? It has a sweeping sort of synth (lovely filter on it) and some very cheesy lyrics that are easy to remember. I predict: Summer hit. Easy... okay, so maybe I do kinda like it as a guilty pleasure.

AC Slater - Rock It Out



I said I liked bass, right? AC Slater has been around for a while now and joining the Trouble & Bass crew is a perfect match. I quite like this song (even though it is very bassline-y, which can get a bit much sometimes admittedly) and from what I hear people have been litterally rocking out to on the dancefloor when he plays it. Fact.

No comments: